The 9th Watec Israel 2017 Expo & Conference was officially opened yesterday at the Tel Aviv Fairgrounds Conference Center in Tel Aviv-Yaffo, by Mr. Elad Frenkel, CEO of Aqwise and Chairman of WATEC 2017. Greetings were made by Mr. Eli Cohen, Minister of Economy and Industry, Israel, Mr. Ramzi Gabbya, Chairman, IECI, Israel. Opening lectures included a lecture by Mr. Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of Chicago, Illinois, USA attracting a full house.
Rahm Emanuel: “Global cooperation and solutions in the field of water will lead to world peace”
The event receives support from the Ministries of Economy and Industry and Energy, Environmental Protection and Foreign Affairs in Israel, Israel Export Institute, Innovation Authority, Federation of Israeli Chamber of Commerce as well as other energy associations such as Energy Organisation and Manufacters’ association of Israel.
At the Opening Ceremony, Mr. Eli Cohen stated that Watec 2017 is a great opportunity for professionals to share their valuable experience in management and operation; to introduce their new equipment and to promote business partnerships. WATEC 2017 Conference and Exhibition is showcasing the latest water technology and equipment towards higher productivity and energy saving. Within the conference, exhibition and seminars and personal meetings, allow participants to share important industrial information, experience and boost business partnerships. Within the main event Watec also hosts many satellite events organized by governments and leaders in the water field.
Watec Israel is also a meeting place for signing agreements and negotiations between the countries and embassies of Israel and USA, Italy and Africa. Among the prominent guests, the US delegation lead by Chicago’s Mayor Rahm Emanuel signed yesterday an agreement with representatives of Israel’s water industry to bolster cooperation between American and Israeli innovators in the field.
With total exhibition space of 6,300 sq.m and many halls for satellite events and conference located in Pavilion 2, totally 20 tsd. sq.m, the event gathers around 100 local and foreign exhibitors with International pavilions including Israel, USA, India, China, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain and Poland to showcase cutting-edge technologies, innovations and solutions in water supply, sewage, wastewater treatment, energy efficiency and new and renewable energy sectors. The total number of expected visitors is around 10 tsd. The Conference unites around 60 speakers from 14 countries and delegations from 26 countries, around 50 organizations across the world. But one of the most innovative opportunities is to arrange personal meeting with partners from all over the world during Watec. The B2B Networking area and One-On-One personalized meetings are arranged online in advance through the Watec Networking system and are with the same hours like the event.
The Watec Israel 2017 is a comprehensive B2B event for the water and energy industries where domestic and foreign enterprises can meet up, exchange information and establish new partnerships. This major show creates a true international business platform for industry experts to find many benefits. The combined event will be open from 9:00am – 5:30pm between 12-14 September at 101 Rockach blvd., Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel. Admission to the exhibition and some social events are free of charge for all trade visitors. Conference is by payment only. Mandatory registration required.
Highlight of First Day and Pre-event:
• Cleanvest and Regulators Seminar – Technical seminar including insightful topics at the Seminar room, eve of the Watec event, took place on 11 September.
• SWAN Smart Water Tour – A professional water tour, organized together with The Smart Water Networks Forum (SWAN), a leading global hub for the smart water sector. Visit of Sorek Desalination Plant, IOSight (Data Management & Analysis), Arad Group Headquarters, Dalia, Water Utility Perspective – Mei Carmel – Leak detection, pressure management, customer engagement, Smart Water Tech Showcase of Leading Israeli Smart Water Startups with professional SWAN and water expert guide, Mordecai Feldman, Water Engineer.
• The Official Opening Ceremony in the plenary hall with Mr. Elad Frankel and Minister of Economy and Industry, Israel – Mr. Eli Cohen – and our guests of honor, together with distinguished exhibitors, visitors, delegations and media representatives. Followed by lectures on water utilities perceptions of water values and cyber technologies thematic.
• Amazing exhibition hall with Innovation pavilion (12 Start-up companies) and a VIP area.
• Parallel Satellite events – Israel-Africa Water Cooperation, organized by Ministry of Energy and Israel Innovative water Technologies for the China Market, organized by Ministry of Economy and Industry, Israel.
• Ministries’ lunch.
• Gala dinner (Welcome cocktail) – for Exhibitors networking reception and speakers, sponsored by Netafim.
Highlight of Second Day:
• Comprehensive conference with many speakers from USA, Israel, Germany, Netherlands, Singapore, Denmark, Romania, India, UK and Spain, discussing the accelerating of water innovations and prospects from water hubs, P factor (people and processes) and adapting of foreign water innovations.
• The satellite events this day will have a major role with the roundtable on financing water (OECD – WWD – Netherlands) and GreenMed Simmit – a cooperation with Italy.
• After the last Watec session, the company TEDx invites you to its Salon with the presence of Mr. Oded Distel from the Ministry of Economy and Industry, Mr Gidon Bromberg, Israeli Director of EcoPeace middle East, presenters from Tel Aviv University and other activists and writers.
• TAHAL Cocktail reception is a final private satellite event for this day.
Highlight of Third Day:
• The Exhibition is going to be even more dynamic with the new machines and activities at the stands.
• 5 satellite events of Wetskills, Rotary, Global Water Works, ISA organization and Jetro-Mekorot seminars.
• “When tradition meets technology“, Hagihon and MAVTI water tours: Urban Water Sustainability & Innovation in Jerusalem, Sorek Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP), GIHON facilities in Jerusalem,the Har Homa WWTP and much more. Professional guides: Amos Kalagy, the CEO of Mavti;Asher Buchbut, the WWTP Technical Manager; Josh Yeres, GIHON facilities in Jerusalem and David (Dudu) Herman, the Har Homa WWTP.
Take the opportunity to be part of the last day event, to visit this exciting exhibition which will remain open until 17:00 on Thursday, 14 September. Enjoy the the satellite events of the leaders of Israeli water industry and meet your new partners in the special B2B Networking place.
Find out more at Watec gallery. Listen the speakers interview online on Watec youtube channel.